Friday, October 19, 2012

Hell on Earth...if you believe such things. (explicit)

This post is spawned by my most recent frustration in paradise. Cost of living here is off the charts, I pay $5.99 for a gallon of milk folks.  Unless, of course you want to live on Rum (any alcohol really), olive oil, brie cheese, and anything else imported.

FUCK ME!

So Wal-mart recently decided to campaign here and opened their website to us, enticing with FREE shipping on any order over $45.00.

I joined the club, signed up for their Walmart Credit card, and declared aloud "relief at last!" So for the last month I have dutifully gone to Walmart.com on a weekly basis, and filled my "online cart" to the brim, with out an issue surpassing the $45 mark.

Buying baby needs, that are doubled here. Fruit snacks and hair care products. I had been using Suave here, because it is simply all I could afford, my hair has just been returning to its usual luster.   Ziploc baggies, and peanut butter. Apple Juice and cereal....things we haven't been able to afford.

SLAM THE DOOR IN MY FACE!

Went online today, filled my cart and went to check out. Only to be informed that due to shipping restrictions certain items in my cart are no longer able to be shipped. Look for the items highlighted in red it tells me. HIGHLIGHTED! My whole fucking cart is glowing red.

You see the government got wind of this bliss we were all partaking in, and they shoved their greedy fists right into the pot....taxing all things imported from these independent websites. Who refuse to play their politician bingo....so alas our days of "relief" will be a whisper in the past.

I am sitting at my desk, looking out off my deck onto the ocean blue. The sky is overcast today. But Buck Island is clear, its white sand calling all who revel in paradise. You can check in anytime you like, but you may never leave.

I think that it is possibly true, that hell is on earth and Paradise truly can't be found.

For decades, long before my parents moved to this tiny Isle, I dreamed of living by the ocean blue. Of swimming with the fishes daily, and having sun kissed hair. I dreamed of paradise, and thought that it meant sun, sand, and surf.

Well, I can tell you now that paradise is in your heart and soul. Keep it safe, guard it and hold it there. Look deep inside of you, find those things that make you proud of who you are, find the rare little moments that make you glow like a star. That is paradise. Don't look to the other side of that fence, look right in front of you. Paradise is where we reside inside.

I found it....not on an island, but this island made me look inside.

Hope someday to be where my heart resides. My family by my side....where they to are often looking in the distance to the Western Sun.

But for now, with flames licking at our side....we grow, and gain knowledge beyond our years. I believe that everything happens for a reason, and beyond a shadow of a doubt we are where we are supposed to be right here, right now. Even if its Hell on earth.....at least it has those white sandy beaches.