Thursday, April 26, 2012

"One Time"

Cruzan slang "One Time" means really fast. They say, "I go do that ting one time, and den be back"

In other words, "I am going to run really quick and do that thing, and then I will be back."

It has been a month since I moved to the Virgin Islands. I have seen a lot, done a lot. I no longer feel as if I am on vacation. Our house is starting to feel like home. All of our boxes have arrived, and as we spread out into our home, and I stub my toe on the kids toys, it feels more and more like home.

I have a view, comparable but vastly different to the one we left behind. Every morning I wake up and can't believe that I live here. People dream their entire lifetime to live in a place like this. I dreamed of it, really never thought that it would come to pass. And here it is.

It is getting humid as the summer approaches, but I am surrounded by water, so I can cool off. The flowers are really starting to bloom, and as you drive down the road the jungle is coming alive and filling with color. Everyday the weather is beautiful, even the storms are beautiful and after they pass, it is even fresher and better than before.

This island has much to offer, adventure around every corner. I can't believe I am living "the dream". I can't wait to find those adventures and fill my life with memories and moments to last a life time. This adventure better not be to "One Time".

No comments: