Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Need to join my age group!

So it is pretty bad when you have a rude awakening that your mother is cooler, hipper, and up to all the blogging, cyber web facing, interfacing with all you computer junkies, when I am thirty years younger and I taught her how to use the Internet in the first place.

My mother has an IPOD, a KINDLE, TWO BLOGS, she TWEETS, she FACEBOOKS, and who knows what else. She is constantly sending me invites to Google+, GOOD READS, and more to follow her everywhere via the Internet. She has been hounding me for weeks to SKYPE!

GOOD GRIEF! How does this happen, who took over my mother, and where is she!!

Actually I am proud of her. All these things are great tools for us to use, and the majority of us are not using them as designed. We are wasting free advertising, free networking, free, free, free!

My excuse is a poor one, time! It really is a poor excuse. I work at an emergency clinic (veterinarian) as a technician, and we are either CRAZY or DEAD! I have time, they allow me to bring my computer to work, they allow me to access the Internet, and with in reason do as I please. So my excuse is a poor one. I am currently at work typing this, as a matter of fact.

The real reason I am being left behind is I am intimidated!!!! I have no idea how to use this stuff, I don't know where to start, and half the time it gets all munged up, and I just throw my hands in the air, and threaten my computer. I just missed the boat of computer networking being taught in school, when I was in high school the Internet was new, high tech, and expensive. Yes, I come from the era of no tech, to new tech. My dad had a bag phone!

Everything is moving so fast, if you do not stay on top of it you get swiped off and fall behind.

So my quest is to try to stay on top of this Internet craze and to join the forces of cyber junkies. Like it or not, here I come!

1 comment:

Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Thanks honey. I love it. Do you think I'm not intimidated? I just keep pushing buttons. When I screw up I apologize and say, "Hey,what do you expect,I'm blond." Its amazing what you can do. Actually,someone once told me "You can do anything you put your mind to, even my tiny little mind."

After all, I live where 'Attitude is Everything' and 'Thinking is Optional'. Also,my wireless mouse just died. Bummer!